Monday, January 9, 2012

This Is My First Post: An Introduction





Since this is my first post on this blog, I figured I'd post a little bit about myself to let you all know who and what you're reading about.

My name is Melissa or Ophelia, I'm 22 years old, and I live in Orange County California. I'm a hairdresser and makeup artist by trade, doing free lance work at the moment, and I'm also a full-time mom to my son Caleb Tristan who was born in September 2010 on the hottest day of the year. I'm into that whole "crunchy parenting" lifestyle - breast feeding, cloth diapering, babywearing, healthy organic eating, and extended rear-facing and the like.

I love food. I love to cook it, eat it, talk about it, and even dream about it. I'm especially enamored with Mediterranean food, Japanese food (and BENTOS!), and garlic. Lots and lots of garlic.

I'm also heavily into Japanese culture and fashion; mainly Gal, but with an appreciation for others as well. My favorite magazines are Jelly, Nuts, Blenda, Scawaii and Koakuma Ageha (I'm not Agejo, but I love Ageha!). My favorite models are Shizuka Takeda, Maya Mori, Miho Ishigami Kanako, Sayoko, Yui Minemura, Maiko Takahashi, Yumachi, and a few others that are slipping my mind at the moment.

I'll do reviews, tutorials, and looks on this blog, sprinkled with mumbles of my boring daily life, food posts, and pictures of my kid. I hope you all enjoy and don't forget to subscribe!

No comments:

Post a Comment