Friday, March 9, 2012

A Quicky Mostly Organic Hair Mask




This is a quicky hair mask that I like to make using mostly organic materials that you can get at any organic market or GNC. The natural ingredients soothe and moisturize your hair without using harsh chemicals or sulfates. My friend Leslie gave me her recipe for the mask, and I thought I'd share it to help some other girls out as well.

Ingredients



  •   Organic extra virgin coconut oil (I use Nutiva, you can get it for $12 at GNC or on Amazon.com) 




  • Organic Jojoba or Extra Virgin Olive Oil (I have Jojoba that I got from GNC) 
  • Sulfate-free conditioner of your choice - I like to use any coconut-scented kind because then my head smells like an Almond Joy :3
  • A mixing bowl or something to mix the products together in/with


Instructions
  1. Put a large scoop of coconut oil in to the mixing bowl, add a squirt of Jojoba oil, and as much conditioner as you like.
  2. Apply it to your hair and cover with a shower cap.
  3. Leave on for at least one hour. I leave mine on overnight.
  4. Rinse well. It might leave your hair a bit oily afterwards if you don't rinse it out enough.
  5. Enjoy your silky smooth hair :)

See, easy peasy :)
I don't have pictures of the process, but it's pretty self-explanatory so I didn't feel they were necessary. Plus, I looked like a hot mess, so I spared your eyes some pain, hahaha.


Until next time,


2 comments:

  1. Yay thank you for the tips, I'll try it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 Studies SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    This means that you actually burn fat by eating coconut fat (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from major medical journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete