Monday, April 30, 2012

[MEME] Day 01 - When did you start dressing Gyaru?



This is day one of the 30 Days of Gyaru meme!



01- When did you start dressing gyaru?

I discovered Gyaru style in 2007, but I didn't start dressing in gal until 2008, when I started out with just casual gyaru-kei and oneegal looks. Nothing too extravagant or OTT (but then again I never have been really into that). I took a break from mid-08 to around January 09, and when I came back I was doing more D.I.A. gal looks, because it fit in the most with how my non-gal friends were dressing at the time. I actually had a pretty deep tan at the time, if you can believe it! (+ε+;; )
During summer 09, I had moved to saike, rasta, and boho-gal, and a little bit of D.I.A. gal, and by September of '09, I was over my D.I.A. phase and I was doing mainly boho and rasta gal. During that winter, I incorporated onee and casual rock gal into my look and dressed that way until the end of January 2010 when I found out I was pregnant. After that, I stopped doing gal for a LONG time, and in August of 2011, I decided that I missed it too much, and I have been doing it since. Now that I'm older (22, lol), I'm into the "older" gal styles like mode, adult, oneegal, and, of course, boho gal. While I still appreciate and love seeing others do styles like kurogal, agejo, gyaru-kei, and rokku-kei, I'm just at a point in my life where those looks aren't applicable to my current self.
Who knows, though? Maybe there will be another time where I go back to kurogal or maybe even Agejo. You never know what the future holds.

Until next time: stay gorgeous, gals!

♡♥♡
Melissa

PS, does anyone know any reliable websites for learning Japanese that actually have worthwhile content? If you do, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment