Saturday, September 8, 2012

GALify-ing your Android device!


Hey everyone! I haven't actually written a post lately (booooo) because I've been kind of busy and lazy ;n;
I have a big post that I'm working on about AW trends though~ That will probably come up sometime next week. 

Also, I'm going to try and pump out 1 video per week - whether it be a tutorial, a vlog, a haul post, a review, whatever, so leave me suggestions in the comments!!


Today's post is about GALify-ing your Android device (sorry iPhone users ;^;), whether it's your phone or your tablet. I've had an Android phone for over 2 years now (and I'm getting a tab in October/November * 3*), and I am always looking for ways to jazz it up and customize it. I mean, who doesn't want to have a cute phone/tab? I know I do!

First up is home replacement apps. I won't go into specifics about installing or setting them up because each app has it's own set of instructions. I'm just here to talk about the pretty ones.


Home Replacement Apps



Home replacement apps essentially replace your home screen (uh duhhhh Melissa). It changes the icons, arrangement, dock style, etc., and is a really fun way to personalize your phone or tab and really make it "yours." These apps are usually free and come with both paid and free themes.


GO Launcher EX


GO Launcher EX is the most popular home changer app on the market. This HR app I used for over a year, and I have no qualms about it - it ran flawlessly, plenty of cute, free themes, and has plenty of options for further customization inside each theme. I left it because I just was looking for something more...sparkly ^.^ This app is available for free on the Google Play store and is compatible with both tablets and mobile phones.



This is the HR app that I currently use. It has SUPER CUTE themes available, both free and paid. It's only in Japanese, but it's not hard to figure out, as most of the selections have pictures next to them. The app itself is available for free on the Google Play store (link above) and is compatible with both tablets and mobile phones as well. A list of their themes is available here.

lock screen
home screen
app drawer

"menu" screen.



This is the theme that I currently have installed. It's available for free. I use a different wallpaper than the stock one, I'll talk about that in it's own section :)

 
 


I have not personally used this app, but it looks nice and has lots of cute themes. This app is available for free on the Google Play store. Its themes, however, are all paid.

Wallpapers


For gal burando wallpapers, check out Mitsu's wallpaper posts (1, 2, 3). She has instructions for saving, etc, on her site.

The wallpaper I'm using right now is called  "Kira Kira☆Jewel(No.113)Free" by DigitalJacket and it looks like this:

pwettyyyy~

All the live wallpapers by Digital Jacket are available in a free and paid version
The animation on the free version stops after a day, but I don't really mind, I love the wallpapers regardless~
I really love these wallpapers, they have one for whatever style you're in to, whether it's rokku, kuro, girly sweet, retro girly, agejo, or everything at once! I highly recommend these LWPs! Here's the list of all available wallpapers by DigitalJacket. It's available for both mobile phone and tablet.


That's all I have for now! Hope I could help you on your journey for ULTIMATE KAWAIINESSSSS~~~~

Stay tuned for an AW Trend Report and a haul video coming this week, and don't forget to leave suggestions in the comments below
vvvvvvvvvvv


Later dolls, and have a wonderful weekend!


2 comments:

  1. I had kira hime and its super cute but it force closes 24/7! So i got plus home. I use Kirakira heart live wallpaper. They are super cute but there paid D: your phone is adorable though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been using those wall papers for a while now and llooooovvvvee them!

    ReplyDelete