Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I'm getting old.



Hey everyone! It came to my attention last week (while I was staring scrutinously close at my face in the mirror) that I'm getting old. I mean, I'm 22 years old already. And as we all know, after 22 comes 30, and after 30 comes DEATH.

I'm only kidding.
Kind of.

Anyway, I noticed that I'm starting to get some fine lines around my eye area, on top of my already horrid dark circles that even pounds of concealer won't cover, and I decided that now is time to take action! Because if not now, when?

Now, you may be thinking "22 is a little young to be worrying about wrinkle creams and stuff," but that is certainly not true. Preventative skincare is a good thing to practice at any age, not just when you're in your 30's +. I didn't practice it as a teen - I rarely wore sun screen, I UV tanned a lot, and lots of other stuff that can contribute to early skin aging, not to mention squinting from having bad eyesight and all those late nights and early mornings that I now have under my belt being a mom and all.


here they are in all their glory. no shop except to crop + add watermark although idek who would want to steal a picture of my dark circles.

So yesterday, I put Caleb in his stroller, hit up Starbucks, and then I marched our happy asses down to Rite Aid to check out their skincare aisle. They had a plethora of creams and ointments and salves all claiming to cure wrinkles, fade spots, and even do your laundry (I wish).




After about 20 minutes of perusing and reading and comparing, I decided on two products by Garnier Nutritioniste: their Skin Renew Anti-Puff Eye Roller and their Ultra-Lift Anti-Wrinkle Eye Roller.

It also helped that they were on sale for BOGO 1/2 off :)
These things retail for $16 USD a pop, and claim to do the following (information taken from the Garnier website):

Skin Renew Anti-Puff Eye Roller
Instantly: eyes look renewed and refreshed.
In One Week: under-eye puffiness is reduced and women saw dark circles diminished
With Continued Use: The severity of puffiness is further reduced and dark circles stay minimized.

Ultra-Lift Anti-Wrinkle Eye Roller
Instantly: skin feels smoother and firmer
2 weeks: crow's feet and fine lines are visibly reduced
With Continued Use: wrinkles and crow's feet are smoothed; skin around the eye area feels firmer.


out of package

You use them twice a day; once in the morning after your morning skincare routine, and once in the evening after your evening skincare routine.

I used them last night and this morning, I obviously haven't noticed any difference yet but I am going to take a picture each Tuesday for 4 weeks to track the progress and update everyone with my results! I really hope this junk works, ahaha. I'm sure it will at least a little bit. I rarely purchase products without reading the reviews, and this stuff had mostly good reviews.






Also, I bought some new oral care products, because I needed new toothpaste and mouthwash. I'm not satisfied with the whiteness of my teeth, so I got the Crest 3D White Vivid toothpaste and mouthwash, and I use those both twice a day (of course).

I'm going for the Audrina Patridge look. She always had the best teeth out of all out of the entire The Hills cast.


Anyway, that's all for now. I'm going to try and film a haul video because I got some other goodies yesterday and last week as well that I never posted about, and also a "My Favorite Drugstore Products" video - so stay tuned for that!!


PS. Here's a little bonus picture that I got a good laugh about at Rite Aid! It's a discreet vibrator!



Talk to you later, dolls,







9 comments:

  1. I'm also 22 and I feel like I'm getting old too!Can't wait to see how that eye roller works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel about getting o, i'm 22 soon and terrified tbh. Did the eye roller work for you? I've been looking for something to help with mine, i've had eye bags since as long as i can remember and a friend reccomended pile cream (lmao) i've heard it works but only on ones that are due to tiredness ;u;

    ReplyDelete
  3. 22? TWENTY TWO? OLD?


    Good God, kids these days don't know what they're saying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAH. I know I'm not *old,* the beginning of this post was merely in jest. Its kind of a private joke with myself because when I was 16-17 I used to think about 5-6 years in the future and how far away it seemed at the time. Now that I'm here, I can't believe how fast it's flown by. One of my sisters just graduated from high school, and the other is going into grade 11. My son will be 2 in two weeks and I can vividly remember the day he was born. I know the beginning of my post makes me sound vapid and delusional but really it's my sarcastic way of saying "HEY TIME! I SEE YOU...SLOW DOWN A BIT!" And I thought that my little anecdote.tied in well with what my post was originally about.

    Anyway, I'm rambling now. This post was written tell my readers that I'm trying a couple new skincare products that I plan on eventually reviewing. No, they won't turn back the hands of time and make me 18 again, nor would I want it to. Despite my little sarcastic spiel at the beginning, I'm incredibly happy with where my life is at right now.


    sorry about the wall of text :) /novel over


    -M

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only started using them last night, so I haven't seen any noticeable differences yet. It said I should start to notice after a week, though! So I will let you know! I was basically born with dark circles, so I know how you feel. -M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes do keep us updated! and same here, it's horrible eh :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only cremes with retin-a (or retinol) do anything for wrinkles! And I think your "wrinkles" (if you can even call them wrinkles!) are too close to the corners of your eyes... it would be dangerous to put cremes in there as they can get in your eyes. Be careful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha, walls of text are always nice! :)

    It's just that well, I've gotten used to get old since... well, I'll turn 26 next year ;-; So suddenly you start actually feeling old, and... But yeah, time flies (okay, I'm totally uninspired today) and pretty much everything around you tries to state how quick it goes and how important it is not to waste it and such.

    But I honestly wouldn't go back, nor would like to be younger. Things happen at a certain moment and I believe this is what makes you become who you are, and age is a part of it.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's nothing wrong with preventative skin care. Unfortunately we've partied so hard its almost a necessity now. And I'm going to be 27 next month. So you should enjoy now while you can.

    ReplyDelete