Saturday, December 1, 2012

Another Liebster Award! + Review of Heroine Make Mineral BB Cream







Hey everyone! Today I have a couple things for you in this post. First, I've been nominated for the Liebster Award again! And second, my review of Heroine Make Mineral BB Cream!

This is the 3rd time I've been nominated for the Liebster Award, and this time I was nominated by Tina @ SupaxKawaii.com. By now we all know what this thingie is, so I'm not going to bother explaining it and I'll just get right to the meat of it: The questions!






Here are Tina's questions for me:

1. Why did you create your blog ?
I created my blog to share my life as a gal mama with whoever-so wants to read it! Plus, I am a makeup artist and hairstylist, and I have a lot of knowledge on both subjects. Beauty blogs are a dime a dozen nowadays, but finding someone who has this as their profession is a bit harder.

2. What's your favorite blog ?
My favorite blogs to read are Universal-Doll, Xiaxue, and the DURAS blog.

3. What's your favorite Gyaru style ?
At first, back in 2009, I really liked rokku and onee styles the best. Around 2010-2011, I got really into mode gal, but I find my interest these days is leaning more towards adult-agejo style like LIPSERVICE, OneSpo, DURAS, and Rienda.

4. What country would you love to travel to and why ?
I think the most out of any country I would like to visit, I would love to visit France. I have been studying French for 8 years, and I have a pretty good grasp of the language. Plus, the French countryside, and the Côte D'Azure are absolutely beautiful.

5. What's your favorite and least favorite thing about yourself ?
Favorite, my green eyes or my height. I'm 5'2" (aka 157cm). I'm very small, but I like it that way. Least favorite, probably that I bite my nails. I wish I didn't.

6. What are your goals for the New Year ?
Oh gah, I dunno. Probably lose 10lbs. Being so short, 10lbs looks like how 20-25 would look on a person of average height.

7. What's your favorite type of music ?
It varies. I love classic rock, reggae, ska, indie, folk, classical piano, orchestral, opera, swing and big-band,  industrial, and Gothic, to name a few, as well as many other genres.

8. What's your favorite hairstyle and color for your hair ?
Hair color, definitely red. I am a redhead at heart, although I was born blonde. I remember asking my mom when I was 3 years old if I could dye my hair red and, of course, she said no. She finally let me at 17 and I've had a few color changes since then, but I always go back to red. The style I wear it in depends on my mood.

9. What's your favorite makeup brand ?
Urban Decay is my all time favorite makeup brand. The quality and customer service is always amazing with them, and they are a 100% cruelty-free company with many products that are vegan as well (I'm not vegan, but I know it is an important factor for those that are)

10. What's your favorite food ?
Sushi! or In-n-Out Double Doubles! (it's a SoCal thing ;3)

11. Are you currently Single or Taken ?
Taken. I've been with my fiance for 3 years, and we've been engaged for two. No wedding date is set, yet. I'm trying to push for next winter :0


Heroine Make Mineral BB Cream Review!





Heroine Make (sometimes called Kiss Me Heroine Make) is a Japanese cosmetics line produced by the company Isehan. It's a drug store product, and their prices usually range from ¥500-1000 (5-10€ / $6-$13), so it's on the cheaper end of drugstore cosmetics. Unless you live in Japan, or near a Japanese cosmetics store (I am lucky to have one in my local mall) or shop at Sasa.com, you probably won't run across this brand because it's not sold on "major" websites like Pinky Paradise and Shoppingholics or wherever else us foreigners purchase our Japanese cosmetics from. 

Today, I am reviewing the Heroine Make Mineral BB Cream in shade 01.





 Doesn't Heroine Make just have the prettiest packaging? Dominated by pink and roses, it features an illustration of a pretty blonde girl with blue eyes and rosy cheeks.


Here is the back of the package. It describes what the makeup does, and how it's good for your skin and what it contains. I can't translate it for you because I can't read Japanese, but here's what it says on the from the website

 Not collapse, "it 's skin is true. '
  • Is prolonged skin soft formulation strongly collapsed Airy keep, you'll want to touch much.
  • Cover tightly with people while coating, skin troubles such as freckles, dull-pores, natural finish with no sense of impasto.
  • (Hyaluronic acid permeation type beauty essence ingredients to deliver moisture to the stratum corneum 1 collagen and penetration 2 ceramide, 8 kinds of amino acids, vegetable 3Baraekisu field- 4 -moisturizing ingredients chamomile extract /). I keep the skin moist with makeup. 1 hyaluronic acid hydrolysis 2 hydrolyzed collagen three glycolipid Komenukasufingo 4 fruit extract Kaninabara
  • Mineral ingredients (moisturizing extract / brown algae mineral content). It is comfortable to wear light skin less onerous.
  • Tested, fragrance-free skin irritation staff  .
  • SPF34 PA + + .

So, the main properties of this BB cream (claimed by the website) are that it is long-wearing, natural feeling but has good coverage. It contains Hyaluronic Acid and amino acids, as well as chamomile extract for hydration. The minerals in it keep it light feeling and it's fragrance-free to keep from irritating the skin. It also provides SPF34 PA++ coverage. As far as I know, it's only available in two shades; 01 which is the one that I bought, and 02 which is slightly darker.


Now, for my review!



Packaging: 5/5
Like I previously mentioned, the packaging is so cute! I love cute makeup, if something is visually appealing, I am more likely to buy it. The packaging is plastic, like what most squeeze-tubes feel like. Durable, but pretty, and nice to see in your makeup bag.





Coverage/Blendability: 4.5/5
This shade is perfect for me. It blends right into my skintone and gives me a flawless finish like I wasn't wearing any face makeup at all. I would say that it's about a medium-coverage BB cream, because I still need a dab of concealer here or there. I prefer medium over light or full coverage, but I gave it a 4.5 for the sake of other readers who might prefer a heavier (or lighter) coverage.


Only the BB on in this picture, sorry that I look dead O.O
Durability/Longevity: 5/5
This stuff lives up to the hype. Once it's on, it is staying on! I've taken a couple of naps while wearing this BB cream, and when I woke up, my face makeup looks just as perfect as when I first put it on! This is a good, long lasting BB cream. You don't need to reapply it much (unless you go out to eat ribs or something, lol).


dark rooms on rainy days are bad for taking pictures.


Overall: 4.5/5
Overall, I am incredibly pleased with this BB cream! It's lightweight on the skin, non-irritating, and has amazing coverage. It's long-lasting and it leaves my skin feeling soft even after I take it off. I docked half of a point because it smells like sunscreen. I don't mind, I actually like the smell of sunscreen, but I know that some people don't and would prefer to have a mostly unscented makeup product.
I do recommend this product, but I haven't found it on either Sasa or Yesstyle, so I'm not sure of where to order it online (maybe Amazon?). If you live in Southern California, you can pick it up at your local  Japanese cosmetics store (I go to Tokyo Japanese Lifestyle in the Westminster Mall). If you live in Japan and want to try it, check out your local drugstore~


That's it for now! Next up will be an inspiration post and my Christmas wishlist!



Talk to you later, dolls



8 comments:

  1. Your skin looks flawless *__*

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I attribute it to good skincare as well as makeup products~ -M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kinda late in commenting but that's okay~!
    I'm a sucker for pretty packaging as well so I know them feels XD But the bb cream really makes your face look so flawless and porcelain like a doll <3 thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! And no prob. I probably should make more reviews but I'm so raaazzzyyyyy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thx for the review on Kiss Me Heroine Make Mineral BB Cream! But I would like to knw if this bb cream need neccessary face powder finish?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live in a hot climate, so i like to use a setting powder as a precaution, but i don't think it's a necessity

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for another magnificent post. The place
    else may anybody get that kind of info in such a perfect approach of writing?
    I've a presentation next week, and I'm at the look
    for such information.

    Look into my blog :: house music

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, i already bought one by mine is number 02 >< its my first time using it and i bought it from sasa just now. I just wanna know if it lasts against sweat? Because i'm a person who sweat a lot><

    ReplyDelete