Friday, January 4, 2013

Happy New Year! And Holiday Gets~

Hey everyone, Happy New Year! It's been a while since my last entry, I know.
To be honest, I've been feeling a bit uninspired to blog, and about gyaru in general, but I'm happy to say that I've gotten a little bit of my oomph back! I started this blog as a gyaru-only blog, but I myself am not gyaru 100% of the time. I like other things too!
So while yes, this blog will be mainly gyaru-focused, I have decided to branch it out to be (yet another) beauty/fashion/lifestyle blog~ I hope no one minds~

A few people have asked me what my New Year's resolutions are going to be. I don't like keeping New Year's resolutions, because I feel like people use them as an excuse to procrastinate until a certain "time" to change, instead of just doing them, so mine aren't really "New Year," they're more of an extension of my life resolutions.

  • I want to continue to eat healthier for myself, and for my family. Christian is a hard head and will drink Pepsi and eat Hot Pockets and taquitos until the day that he dies (far in the future, when we're at least 100 years old), but Caleb needs positive nutrition role models, so I need to step into that role. Plus, I just figured out that he is slightly lactose intolerant, so we're now cutting dairy out of our diets, along with remaining mostly Pescetarian. 
  • Get my own chair in a salon. As most of you know, I'm a freelance hairstylist and makeup artist. Freelancing is nice, I do enjoy being my own boss, but I prefer the structure of a salon environment, and also the business is more steady. I will continue to make "house calls" for those who prefer that, and work on photoshoots, but I want the majority of my business to be done in-salon.
  • Stay fit. Since I'm still carrying ~5lbs of baby weight, I need to continue to work out to tone and strengthen my body. 5lbs may not seem like much, but I'm only 5'2" (157cm) and I have a very small build. 5lbs on me looks like what 10-15 look like on an average-height person.
  • Try to average at 1 blog post and 1 video per week. I am SUCH a slacker when it comes to this! Plus, it's hard to find time to film when you have a very mischievous 2 year old running around.
Now, enough with that boringness, here are some pictures of things that I received or purchased over the holiday!



A flowering teapot and some flowering teas! I LOVE tea. I would marry tea if it were a person. I have wanted a flowering teapot for so long and I got one from Christian's grandmother! I was so happy!


 Here's what it looks like fully "bloomed." Isn't it cool? The flowers are edible, so if some accidentally gets into your teacup, it's all good.


I also got this cool book about growing your own herbs for teas. I'm reading it now, it's super interesting!


These were in my stocking from my mother-in-law, she got them at the Japanese store we have locally. She also gave me $100 because she thinks I'm hard to shop for xD


From my mom I got NAKED 2! And UD's Smoked 24/7 Glide-On Eyeliner set. Urban Decay is my "holy grail" so I was so excited to the point of tears, hahaha!


This is a pile of some of the clothes that Caleb got, using my ugly couch as a backdrop x) 
He also got a cool little chair, a tricycle + helmet, a basket ball hoop, some Thomas trains, and lots of train tracks.

That night we had Christmas dinner at my uncle's house. We had to leave early because Caleb didn't nap that day and was super grumpy. I didn't take any outfit shots, but here's a pic from my Instagram with my hair and makeup:
Ok I lied, it's from a few days prior but I did my hair and makeup the exact same :D
My grandma told me that I looked like an actress and that she and her friends used to do their hair like that in the 1940's *w*

The next day, I hit up the mall to do some after-Christmas sale shopping to reward myself for being such a good person :)


SKIN79 BB CREAM! They had this at Tokyo, and only had one, so I snatched that shit up so quick! I've been using it and it is aaaawesome. My skin feels so soft and looks so healthy even when I'm not wearing it.



2p. circle lenses. I think these are akin to GEO Berryholics. They're 14.2mm.

 Two new pairs of tights! Nude with a back seam & Cuban heel, and fake garter tights. The garter tights already have a fat run in them, I accidentally stabbed a hole in them with my nail while putting them on ;^;


 These really cute oxford wedges! I've been wanting a pair of these for a while, but never found any that I liked, because I have very particular taste. When I saw these, I fell in love and had to have them!

I also got a new UV lamp for nails. It works awesomely and I am SO happy with it.


These are the nails that I did recently, Nude x Black mix

That's shine on the middle nail, not a mistake.

And finally, because I love myself, here are a few pictures of me from this past week

Brown lenses <3

Playing around with a heterochromia 
Coordinate from the other day

Coord Details

Cardi and undershirt; Forever21
Denim; Joppa
Boots; Offbrand
Scarf; Gift from my grandmother
Sunglasses; Target
Hair flowers; 99c store


One last thing before I go, here's a pictorial about how I do my eyebrows! For those wondering, I have a half-brow (I shave off half of my eyebrow and draw it on), but this works for people with a full brow too, you just follow your natural arch instead of creating one like I do :)


And that's it for now, I'll talk to you next time, dolls!
                                                                
                                                                Stay pretty

3 comments:

  1. Such amazing purchases. I really want the flowering tea - its one of the prettiest things I've seen in a long time! I probably wouldn't drink it haha.

    Looking beautiful in the pics :)

    xx



    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, doll :)
    The tea is really delicious! The flowers dont give it flavor, it's green tea with different herbs. My favorite is Jasmine green tea. So yummyyy <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flowering teas are so neat. I've always wanted to get some.

    ReplyDelete