Thursday, November 7, 2013

Introducing Bésame Cosmetics!!

Hey everyone!


I was having a very good hair day yesterday and want to share these two pictures with you before I continue on to my article~







Okay, that's over with! Enjoy my article about a (not so) new company I found out about recently!

I may work in the beauty industry, but I'm finding it increasingly hard to find makeup products that I love. I know, that sounds crazy. I mean, I love makeup, and I love buying makeup, but I'm also huge on visual representation as well as the quality of the product, and frankly, I'm bored.

Sure, the black compacts of high end brands look sleek and professional, but they're boring. The drugstore brand makeup packaging is blah as well.

When I carry something around with me in my handbag, I want it to look as beautiful as I feel while wearing it. Something to stand apart from the sea of black compacts and black lipstick tubes. Something that says "Hey! I believe in glamour, even in my makeup bag!"

I thought all hope was lost...until I discovered Bésame Cosmetics!





Bésame Cosmetics is the child of Gabriela Hernandez, an Argentenian-American makeup artist, cosmetic historian, and a degree in Fine Arts from the prestigious Art Center in Pasadena, California, and (most importantly) and a passion for vintage glamour and historical accuracy!










Her inspiration for the cosmetics line, launched in 2004, was a combination of her love for art and design, feminine detail, and "fond memories of her own glamorous grandmother."





(Pictured is Violet Brightening Loose Powder)

The packaging takes cues from vintage makeup and the Art Deco movement, giving an elegant feel to the compacts and lipsticks.




Bésame Cosmetics Classic Color Lipstick - $22

Speaking of lipsticks, they come in 1940's inspired gold tubes, and the color formulations are divine~ they contain lip conditioners like aloe, green tea, and vitamins A, C, and E for comfortability as well as all-day wear, and promise opaque, semi-matte, feather proof application.




Bésame Cosmetics Signature Powder - $42


The Signature Powder comes in a gorgeous refillable compact that I need to get my hands on! Sadly, it's currently sold out in every shade :( I need this in my life so badly!




Bésame Cosmetics Crimson Cream Rouge - $22

The Crimson Cream Rouge comes (like everything else) in a vintage reproduction tin, and is sheer and blendable enough to wear for every day looks, or you can build it for a more dramatic color. It can also be used as a lip balm/stain!




This. This is probably my favorite thing from the line, and it's not even released yet! It's a reproduction of Bésame's original 1930's Mascara, but they took it up a notch and reformulated it to a cake mascara!!! If you don't know, mascaras used to be applied with a small brush from a cake just like this one. Liquid mascaras didn't come around until later. My grandmother used to tell me about this when I was younger, and I am SO excited that this is going to be a thing once again and can't wait to try it out!


This makeup line! It's just...well...to put it this way, it's the bees knees! This is the stuff that my dreams are made of! I am so incredibly thrilled that it exists and I want to own everything from the collection! They have a store in Burbank, CA, which I am hoping to visit soon, and when I do I am going to buy everything! And take pictures of everything, with everything, and post them everywhere!

Until then, however, I will be obsessively checking my email, Bésame's Facebook and Twitter pages for any word of when their signature compact is going to come back in stock ;u;

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter (@greenlikejuly_) and Instagram (@opheliadanger) for random updates usually including pictures and I'll talk to you later!

xo,
Melissa



No comments:

Post a Comment